Thursday 12 November 2009

In Search of a Smallfish Book Illustrator


Finding an illustrator is proving to me much harder than I expected. Of course I'd love to be able to pay Quentin Blake or a full time professional illustrator but it's all a question of budget.


I've realised that although I can get by doing the illustration myself, I don't have the time, and that my time is better spent on writing and running Smallfish Books. Preparing all the materials and communications for next years Bologna Children's Book Fair is also very time consuming.

Anyway, I'll post some illustrations from the people I'm talking to, and I'd appreciate any feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Neil, do you belong to SCBWI, the Society for Children's Book Writers and Illustrators? The fee is nominal and you will find dozens of aspiring illustrators to talk to and get feedback from.
    http://www.scbwi.org if you want to check it out.
    The organization is international and one of the keys to success in the children's book publishing, writing, and illustrating world.

    ReplyDelete